The first of the local Rockmelons are fast upon us. Driving through the region you will predominantly see that the runners are off and racing, the brilliant green foliage a plenty and only today was i able to buy some seconds melons off Burnett Heads Rd at 3 for $1.
Please don’t be afraid to buy from the roadsides in the region, you will soon see the huge trucks branded Coles, Woolies and IGA and all those other names we are all familiar seeing and if you think just a moment about it-paying premium prices at the register.
So what do you do with Rockmelons, especially when they are affordable and in abundance??
- Summer chilled fruit platter
- Rockmelon and Mint Sorbet
- Rockmelon & Passionfruit Yoghurt Smoothie
- Rockmelon with Prosciutto
- as a fruit skewer and if required- dipped in chocolate
- and with your morning cereal.