Macadamia Shortcake Slice
2 Cups Self Raising Flour, 6tbsp Warmed Apricot Conserve, 1tbsp Extra Caster Sugar, 1 ½ cups Macadamia Halves, ¾ Cup Caster Sugar, 250 g unsalted butter, softened, 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180’c and grease a 30cm x 20cm x 4cm deep pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer and beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until thick and creamy, about 5minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the flour and half the macadamias to make quite a stiff mixture.
- Using a spatula, spread half the mixture over the pan base, and spoon over the warm conserve.
- Spread over the remaining cake mixture to reach pan sides. Press in the remaining Macadamias and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 25-30minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cover with baking paper if macadamias brown too much.
- Remove and stand for 5minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool. Cut into Squares and serve!!